Yin Yoga Training
Yin Yoga already challenges you to sink deeper into your hips and spine than you believed was possible. In this training you will plunge deeper into the system, seeking to understand key concepts necessary to teach safe, effective and powerful Yin Yoga classes.
Corina offers a Level One 3oHr Training and a 20Hr Level Two Training as a stand alone training or as part of our 300Teacher Training electives.
About the Program
We will investigate the foundational shapes of yin yoga, and explore appropriate ways of modifying poses to meet individual students’ needs. Included in the training are daily yin yoga practices and opportunities to work with partners and small groups. You will feel confident teaching yin yoga and also be able to field students’ questions with confidence and true clarity.
These trainings may be taken as a stand-alone training or selected as part of the required elective courses for the 300-hour Teacher Training. It also qualifies as Continuing Education requirements with Yoga Alliance.
30Hr Yin Training Level One:
- Theory of Yin/Yang/Tao and how these concepts are embedded in the practice and are vastly illuminating in a quest for balance
- Tension and Compression, two of yoga’s primary stressors
- Anatomy & Physiology: Bones, Muscles, Fascia, and Organs
- Anatomical Uniqueness and “Inside-Out Alignment”
- Nadis/Meridians, Breath Practices for Yin Yoga
- Teaching Methodologies, Contraindications, and tailoring the practice to different populations
20 Hr Yin Training Level Two:
- Organs and Emotions, Patterns of Excess, Deficiency and Balance
- Meridians, Chakras, Life Issues and Associations
- A.A.F.F.R.: a formula for responding to emotional responses in yin yoga practice
- Breathing practices to invite the fullness of experience
- Safe, Sacred and Neutral: prerequisite for personal YINquiry