Yin Yoga Training
Yin Yoga already challenges you to sink deeper into your hips and spine than you believed was possible. In this training you will plunge deeper into the system, seeking to understand key concepts necessary to teach safe, effective and powerful Yin Yoga classes. This training will focus on the incredibly therapeutic benefits of yin yoga on the physical and energetic bodies (the Annamaya Kosha and the Pranamaya Kosha).
About the Program
We will investigate the foundational shapes of yin yoga, and explore appropriate ways of modifying poses to meet individual students’ needs. Included in the training are daily yin yoga practices and opportunities to work with partners and small groups. You will feel confident teaching yin yoga and also be able to field students’ questions with confidence and true clarity.
This training may be taken as a stand-alone training or selected as part of the required 40 hours elective courses for the 300-hour Teacher Training. It also qualifies as Continuing Education requirements with Yoga Alliance.
Topics to be addressed:
- Theory of Yin/Yang/Tao and how these concepts are embedded in the practice and are vastly illuminating in a quest for balance
- Tension and Compression, two of yoga’s primary stressors
- Anatomy & Physiology: Bones, Muscles, Fascia, and Organs
- Anatomical Uniqueness and “Inside-Out Alignment”
- Nadis/Meridians, Breath Practices for Yin Yoga
- Teaching Methodologies, Contraindications, and tailoring the practice to different populations
New dates coming soon!
Thursday, from 6-9p
Friday, from 10a-6p
Saturday, from 10a-6p
Sunday: from 10a-6p
at our Langhorne studio